Thai yellow curry or Kaeng Kari
Thai yellow curry is called Kaeng Kari in Thai.
Thai yellow curry is a very delicious dish you often find in the south.
Even you can make Thai yellow curry, with all kinds of meat, chicken is one of the most popular.
It is also one of the three most well known Thai curry dishes in the west. It is on the menu at most Thai restaurants outside Thailand.
It is normally served with rice on the side even though there are potatoes in the dish.
You can choose to put in more potatoes and not serve any rice. This is also one of the Thai dishes where you can add any extra vegetables of your choice.
Thai yellow curry or Kaeng Kari.
- 2 Clean the chicken and cut it into small pieces.
- 4 Cut the tomatoes into halves.
- 6 Peel and cut the potato into pieces.
- 8 Cut the onion as in the picture.
- 9 Prepare the curry powder.
- 10 Prepare the coconut milk.
- 11 Prepare the salt.
- 12 Prepare the sugar.
- 13 Heat half the coconut milk so it just starts to boil.
- 15 Then add the curry powder and stir until it is dissolved.
- 16 Add the potatoes.
- 17 Add the chicken.
- 18 Add the rest of the coconut milk.
- 19 Add the onion. Put a little of the onion aside for decoration. Stir the mix until the potatoes and chicken are well done.
- 20 Add the cherry tomatoes. Put aside a few for decoration.
- 21 Season with the salt and sugar. For more flavour you can add some chicken stock or chicken bouillon and reduce the curry until it has the desired taste and consistency.
- 23 Garnish the Thai yellow curry with the tomatoes and onions you have put aside.