“Pad Krapow Muu” as Stir-fried pork with basil is called in Thai
Pad Krapow Muu very tasteful everyday dish. It is very easy to make, it can be served with rice, pasta or boiled potatoes. You can make it in about 25 minutes, and it is cheap to make.
This is a recipe for Stir-fried pork with basil, but you can use minced chicken or beef as well. I have used minced pork. The meat doesn’t need to be minced, you can also use meat chopped into small pieces.
You can regulate how spicy you want your dish, by adding more or less chili. The chili seeds make it really spicy, so don`t use all the seeds if you want it less spicy.
I have put some carrots in this version of Pad Krapow Muu, even it is not original. You can also choose other extra vegetables depending on what you like. Personally, I add the extra vegetables because most times I eat the disk without rice or any other carbohydrates.
The big chili and the fresh peppercorn is only used for decoration. It is the number of small chilies that makes the dish spicy. A nice thing is to serve the dish with a fried egg on the top.
Stir fried pork with basil
Stir fried pork with basil or in Thai “Pad Kra Pow Muu”.
- 250 gram Minced pork (You can also another kind of minced meat, depending on your preferences )
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 1/2 pieces Big Red and Chili peppers (These chilies is only used for garnish, and is not necessary for the taste.)
- 3 pieces Small hot chilies
- 1/2 stem Fresh green pepper corn (The fresh pepper is only used for garnish, not used originally in the dish. I think it give a nice taste, so i add it when i can get it.)
- 1 piece Onion
- 3 stems basil leaves
- 1/2 pice Carrot (You do not need to add carrot, I only add it to get extra vegetables.)
- 1/4 tbsp Black soy souce (Used mostly to give color, so you can use a gravy browning.)
- 3 tbsp Palm oil
- 2 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Brown unrefined sugar
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Water (For more taste use a soup stock.)
- Prepare the Minced Pork.
- Chop the garlic in fine pieces.
- The big chilies is only for decoration. Slice 1/2 small slices and 1/2 in small sticks. Do nor use the seeds, or the dish get to spicy. Place the sliced chillies on ice until you use it, then it stay crisp.
- Chop the small chilies into small fine pieces.
- Peel the fresh pepper corn of the stem.
- Chop the onion into small pieces.
- Take the basil leaves off the stems.
- Set aside a little of the onion, carrot and basil leaf for garnish.
- Prepare the Sweet soy sauce.
- Prepare the Cooking oil.
- Prepare the Oyster sauce.
- Prepare the Sugar.
- Prepare the Soy sauce.
- All the ingredients ready for cooking.
- Heat the oil, in a wok or a large frying pan, until it is it is medium hot. You and place a little piece of garlic in the oil,. when the oil starts to boil it is ready.
- Then add, garlic, onion and only 1/2 of chilies. You can add more chilies later, By adding only the half first it is more easy to control how hot the dish get.
Stir it until the garlic starts to become yellow.
- Add the minced pork.
- Stir it until the pork is well done.
- Add the carrots, add water or soup stock and stir until the carrots are ready.
- Add the basil leaf, season with salt, sugar and the sweet soy sauce , you can add more soup stock and let it boil down, if you want more taste.
Add more of the small chillies if you want your dish more hot.
Make sure you add enough water or soup stock, so there are some some sauce for the dish so it do not get to dry.
- Arrange it on a platter with the garnish so it look delicious. Enjoy 🙂