“Pad Krapow Moo” as Stir-fried pork with basil is called in Thai
Pad Krapow Moo is a delicious, quick, easy-to-make, inexpensive everyday dish. It can be served with rice, pasta, or boiled potatoes.
Typically Pad Krapow Moo is with pork. “Moo” means pork in Thai, but you can also use chicken, beef, or fish, depending on your preference. And the meat doesn’t need to be minced; you can also use meat chopped into small pieces.
You can adjust how spicy you want your dish by adding more or less chili. The chili seeds make the dish spicy, so use only some of the seeds if you want less spicy.
Although it’s not original, I’ve added some carrots to this version of Pad Krapow Moo. You can also choose other extra vegetables, depending on what you like.
The large chili and fresh peppercorns are only used as a garnish. The amount of small chilies determines how spicy the dish will be.
In particular, it is the seeds that are inside the chili that are spicy. So if you like the taste of chili but don’t want it to be too spicy, take out the seeds.
You can add a fried egg or two on top before serving.
Stir fried pork with basil
- 250 gram Minced pork You can also another kind of minced meat, depending on your preferences
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 1/2 pieces Big Red and Chili peppers These chilies is only used for garnish, and is not necessary for the taste.
- 3 pieces Small hot chilies
- 1/2 stem Fresh green pepper corn The fresh pepper is only used for garnish, not used originally in the dish. I think it give a nice taste, so i add it when i can get it.
- 1 piece Onion
- 3 stems basil leaves
- 1/2 pice Carrot You do not need to add carrot, I only add it to get extra vegetables.
- 1/4 tbsp Black soy souce Used mostly to give color, so you can use a gravy browning.
- 3 tbsp Palm oil
- 2 tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Brown unrefined sugar
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 3 tbsp Water For more taste use a soup stock.