Pineapple fried rice or in Thai “khao pad sapparot” is a healthy, delicious and beautiful dish that is also easy to make.
You do not need to serve it in the Pineapple, but it looks nice.
If you can not get fresh pineapple, for your Pineapple fried rice, you can use canned pineapple instead. Just make sure that you drain as much as possible, of the syrup of the canned pineapple before you use it, you don’t want your fried rice to wet.
If you can get fresh pineapple, do not choose a too one that is too ripe, as it contains too much water and too sweet.
All the specified quantities, pictures and measurement below is for 2 servings, adjust for how many servings you need to prepare.
You can use the servings calculator below.
Pineapple Fried Rice
The dish is very delisios and have many health benefits
- 1 piece Pineapple
- 200 g Chicken breast
- 2 pice Organic Eggs
- 3 table spoon Spring onion
- 2 table spoon Onion
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 2 tbsp Cashew nuts
- 1 cup Rice
- 1 tbsp Curry powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Brown unrefined sugar
- 4 tbsp Coconut oil
- Prepare a medium ripe pineapple.
- Cut it in halfs
- Carve out the Pineapple. Keep the pineapple meat.
- Cut some of the pineapple meat into pieces.
- Measure and slice 200 g of Chicken breast,
- cut it into pieces.
- Prepare 5 stems of Spring onion.
- Chop the spring onion into small pieces, until you have 3 tbsp.
- Prepare one onion
- Chop the onion into small pieces, until you have 2 tbsp.
- Prepare 3 garlic cloves.
- Chop the garlic into small pieces, until you have 2 tbsp.
- prepare the eggs.
- Measure and prepare 2 tbsp of Raisins, if you don’t like Raisins you don’t have to use them.
- Measure and prepare 2 tbsp of cashew nuts., so you can add them easily.
- Prepare a cup of rice, preferably cold rice, rice that been in the fridge overnight is perfect. It make it more loose and not so sticky.
- Prepare the Curry powder
- Prepare the Soy sauce
- Prepare the Brown unrefined sugar
- Prepare the Coconut oil
- Put the oil in a wok or a big frying pan and heat it.
- When the oil is heated, then add first Garlic
- Fry the Garlic until light brown
- Then add the chicken
- Fry the chicken until almost done
- Slide the chicken slightly aside so that there is room for the egg
- Stir the eggs until they still are a little a little soft, in that way, they will stick to the rice better.
- Mix in the rice
- Mix it well so the rice does not stick together and the eggs are evenly distributed
- Then add the curry powder
- Stir around until the curry is evenly distributed
- When the Chicken is done and the garlic starts to get brown.
- Then add the pineapple and stir
- Then the onion
- Then add the Cashew nuts and raisins
- Finally, add the spring onions and soy sauce
- Then arrange the dish in the pineapple.