This is how you make tamarind juicer from fresh tamarind pulp.
You can use tamarind juice for many different dishes, dips, and sauces.
There are different ways you can make tamarind juice. It can be made from dried tamarind, from tamarind extract, from tamarind paste. and you can also make it from tamarind powder. I prefer to make it from the pulp just taken out from the ripe tamarind pods.
Just open the pods take the pulp out and get rid of the stones. If you do not get all the stones out at first it does not matter, the rest of the stones will be separated when you sieve the pulp.
- 1 lemon sized ball Tamarind pulp
- 1/2 litre Boiling water (How much water exatly depends of how much tamarind pulp you have, just make sure the pulp is covered with water. )
- Place the tamarind in a bowl, and press it so it is about 1 centimeter thick.
- Pour boiling water into the bowl, so it just cover the tamarind. And leave it for 20 minutes.
- Take the tamarind out of the bowl and squeeze it so you get skin and stones out.Then sieve the rest.
You can blend the rest and put it in the tamarind water for more thickness.
- Keep the tamarind water refrigerated. you can keep the tamarind water in the refrigerator for about one month.